Saturday, October 15, 2011

One Month of Giving

I just finished an very wonderful book, "29 Gifts" by Cami Walker. I give this book 5 stars and I highly recommend that you read it!

The short of the book is this: Cami, at the age of 33,  was diagnoised with MS(multiple sclerosis) one month after her wedding day. She knew her life would never be the same. Always having negative thoughts about her condition and what her future would now hold, she was given a strange prescription from a friend: Give 29 gifts in 29 days. Her friend told her that by giving she wold be focusing on others and what she had to offer others. She told Cami that the gifts could be anything, but that the giving had to authentic and mindful and at least one gift had to be something she felt was very scarce in her life. During the 29 days, Cami was amazed at what unfolded in her life. Her health and happiness changed and so has her whole life.

I encourage you to either go out and buy the book, download it on your kindle, or go to the Library(like I did) and check it out!

For the next month, I will I am going take the GIVING challenge and I will Blog everyday about my days giving.

Are you up for the challenge?

No comments: