Thursday, October 20, 2011

Month of Giving: Day 9

Giving:Day 9
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011

Today was a nice day, the weather was a beautiful Fall day with lots of wind in the evening. What could be better than a day of grocery shopping, cooking, going out for yogurt as a family and Church. I can't think of anything better!

For the last couple of weeks I have been a really wonderful Non-fiction book called the Deacon's Wife. It was one of those books that I couldn't put down. It gave lots of wonderful information, tips and ideas. I thought that the book was so good that I wanted to give a copy of the book to a new Deacon's wife and friend at Church. She is also an avid reader so I new that she would be greatly for the book and appreciate the gift, I even wrote a little note to her in the front cover of the book. Last night after Church I walked up to her and gave her the book. She was very appreciative. I look forward to her reading it and getting her thoughts on the book.

So today my gift was giving a book that I enjoyed reading to a friend. Not only did it make me happy giving it to her, but it made her happy.

Have you started your giving challenge yet?

No comments: