Saturday, March 5, 2011

The New House: Inside Our Cottage

The inside of our house is finally finished and decorated, it has been for a few weeks. All of my time lately has been devoted to the outside, especially the back yard; pictures of the back yard to come later. I must say that thus far, the back yard has been turned upside down from where it was, it is looking great!
This first picture is of our living room when you first walk in from the front door and are standing in the foyer. You can see Sandy, our dog, we call her the Queen since she rules over the new puppy. My Grandfather's flag, that was draped over his coffin, displayed on the mantel of the fireplace.





This shot is looking at the living room from standing in the kitchen. You can see Daisy, our newest addition, the Bookworm's puppy. The yo-yo quilt, that my Mom made for me when I was a baby, adds that punch to the living room that we needed.Our dining room, as looking at it from the kitchen.







A picture of the kitchen as looking at it from the living room. All of my enamel ware that I collect, most which I found while being stationed in Europe, is showcased from my pot rack. We thought that it would look great hanging from the pot rack since the rest of our house, the walls, are full of painted color.


A couple of views on the way upstairs. You can see Milo, the Princess's cat. My Grandmother's hutch is the piece of furniture pictured here, it was just the right size to put here on the landing go up the stairs.

Next we have the Study upstairs. This is where we have our computer and where the Major does his studying for Seminary. There are a lot of special items in this room that mean a lot to me and the Major. My Grandparents' furniture is pictured here, and his Grandfather's cuckoo clock which you can see hanging on the wall.



Next we have the Hallway upstairs which leads to the Entertainment Room/Kids Upstairs Room.







Finally the last room is of the Entertainment Room/Kids Upstairs Room. This room is one of our favorite rooms in the house. It houses all the kids video games, board games, their computer, tv, etc. It even has a little fridge that is hid away in a cabinet! This is a wonderful place for the kids to hang out with their friends, as you can see in one of the pictures, the Princess is hanging out with her friend.


We love the house and thank God for providing it for us. We had faith and held tight while we patiently waited for it. It was a roller coaster, but in the end it was all worth it! Oh yeah, we do have 3 full baths and 3 bedrooms, but I wasn't up for taking pictures of those, my camera battery died anyway :) Pictures of the outside to come soon!

No comments: