Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Golden Rule: Luke 6:31

The Golden Rule, I am sure that you have heard it before: "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31



Although you have more than likely heard this from the time that you were very little, did you know that it just isn't a saying, or a rule, it's scripture? Look in your Bible in the book of Luke, chapter 6, verse 31.

Wow, yep, right there in the Bible, God's manuscript for us.



We're going to look closer at this verse today. I would say that it is fair to state that all of us would like for everyone to be nice to us and to treat us fairly, but lets face it, it doesn't always happen that way. We are to treat others as we would want them to treat us. Lets get real about that too, sometimes we know that we should treat others the way that we would want them to treat us, but there are lots of times when we don't want to be "nice" to people, but we are anyway. Then there are the times we say oh forget it, they never treat me nice, so I'm not going to treat them nicely.

Don't just sit there thinking I'm never like that, be honest with yourself, yes you are!



If the world was a perfect place, no sin, everyone would be nice and sweet to everyone all the time. But let's face it, because of sin, there is evil and hate in the world.



So what is one to do:

This is something that I have had to deal with, is it easy, NO! Can you prevail, YES YOU CAN! How?!?



I generally try to treat others how I would like for them to treat me, but there are those that can get on your last nerves and whatever you do they don't care how they treat you or others. My answer, try to be as nice as you can to everyone, even the meanies! Usually overtime, they will notice that their actions toward you are not bothering you. What if this doesn't work, and trust me there are those that will be mean to you forever, in this case, remove yourself from the situation. This is what the Major and I tell the Princess and the Bookworm. If there is a problem, then remove yourself from the situation, even if it is a person. No one deserves to treat anyone in a way in which they would not want to be treated or disrepected or talked to. Sometimes it isn't just words, it's actions as well.



We all know that saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Ummm yeah, not true! Whoever made this statement is wrong! Words do hurt and so many people abuse their words, and many do not even realize what they say and how they say it.



The Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Luke 6:31



Think before you talk, and listen before you act. How simple, now to put action behind it.

No comments: