Thursday, March 31, 2011

Faith

What is faith? The American Standard Dictionary defines faith as: Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea or thing. Belief that does not on logical proof or material evidence.

I say faith is a complete trust and confidence in God, not only trust and confidence but also a reliance on Him as well.


I teach the Middle School Sunday School Class at my Church, grades 6th-8th and this is an Acrynom that I gave my class to remember what Faith is.


F-orsaking

A-ll

I-

T-rust

H-im


When we have Christ in our lives we put everything, our all, all of our trust in Christ. Faith is believing in the unseen. We can't see God, but we know He's real. And we know that He loves us, and that He cares for us, and the He hears us when we speak to Him.


Matthew 17:20, " I assure you;even if you have faith as small as a mustard seed....nothing will be impossible for you."


Have you ever seen a mustard seed? A mustard seed is very small and tiny. We all have days when our faith seems small and when it does, we need to refer to the verse above. If we just have as much faith as a mustard seed is tiny, we can move MOUNTAINS. Isn't that an amazing thought...you gotta have FAITH!

No comments: