Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Reading and The Commissary

This morning the kids and I ventured out and went to Books-A-Million and got their Summer Reading Books. Afterwards we went to Big Thursday's and I got the Bookworm a pair of rainbows for doing well on his report card and for doing such a wonderful job in the 5th grade this year. I told the Princess to be thinking about what she wanted for having such a wonderful report card too. We then went to Pizza Hut for lunch and then I had to run an errand on Post. Since I had to run an errand on Post I decided to go to the Commissary to pick up just a few things that we needed. This made the second time that I have gone to the Commissary here since we moved back to the States, and after today, it will be my LAST! Full of senior citizens and people that love to stand in the middle of the aisles and not move! For those that love to shop at the Commissary, more power to them, for me and my family, we will stick with other Grocery Stores, OFF post. I spent more at the Commissary than I would have at another store off Post. The kids were even glad when we were out of there! And I'm sorry, but baggers.....I am not going to tip you for loading my 4 bags in my shopping cart when I am taking it out to my van myself. Especially since all the bags were thrown on top of each other. I would think that baggers would want to bag out groceries and put them in our cart in a manner that they would love for their own groceries to be handled. It never ceases to amaze me:)

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Sorry your baggers were less than stellar. Ours are actually decent most of the time. HOWEVER, ugh, the retirees... Challenging. And someday we will be one of them!

Yes, I shop the commissary most of the time... Food Lion is our other local choice and it's most often much more expensive. If only we had an Aldi's...