Friday, June 11, 2010

Clearing Out The Old

For this whole week I have been cleaning the house from top to bottom. As of today, the entire house is clean! Even the garage which I cleaned today:) Last thing on my to-do-list was cleaning out my night stand. There were a lot of things in the bottom drawer that I have been saving for years, I don't know why, but I got rid of a big bag full of stuff, yep stuff! If I hadn't used it or looked at in in years or months, it was out and put in the bag! A lot of old receipts, cards, etc are now history. Except of course, those few chosen things are are deemed "special".

So while I have been cleaning and clearing out this week, it got me to thinking: Have you ever wondered who came up with the phrase, "Oh just get over it and forget about it! Let the past be the past!" I don't know about you, but things that have happened to me in my past just simply can't be forgotten, especially the good things and def. some of the bad too! Especially if someone has done something to you to hurt you. Sorry people, but things cannot be "forgotten". Oh yeah, then you have another phrase too, "time heals all broken wounds", where on earth did that one come from? It's like the saying, "sticks and stones my break my bones, but words will never hurt me!" Right! I think that we can all agree, words can hurt, and they can hurt bad and they can never be forgot, thus you can never forget.

So....just something to ponder over, I thought that it was quite interesting. You must watch your actions and your tongue.....what you say and do holds for a lifetime.

No comments: