Monday, August 4, 2008

Spiritual Gifts

Have you ever thought about what you are doing for the Lord? What Spiritual Gifts has the Lord given to you? If you know what they are, are you using them? Your Spirtiual Gifts won't be able to be used by anyone but you, and they won't be able to be used anywhere but here, now. So what are you waiting for?
I know that the Lord has given me the Spiritual Gifts of hospitality, teaching and discernment. Yeah, I know, discernment.........but I haven't always had it........it just happened within the past couple of years. It was a surprise to me too. You may ask what discernment is. Discernment is being able to see what is not obvious to the average mind. Or the ability to make good judgement.
Hospitality, I knew that I had. It was very obvious to me. I love to do for others. Helping where ever needed and having people over to our home, fixing a meal for someone, or watching someones kids, etc. the list can go on and on. I think that I get my hospitality from my Granny that passed away this past December. I don't think that any of us in my family realized that my Granny's Spiritual Gift from God was Hospitality until she was gone. We were all just use to her doing for all of us and everyone, but not until her funeral was it clear that that was her Spiritual Gift. Listening to everyone talk about her and all that she did for them, she touched so many people through her hospitality. She never met a stranger and would cook for everyone just because she wanted to, it was her way of showing people that she cared for them. I certainly do miss her, but I know that I will see her again one day in Heaven.
Teaching, this is another Spiritual Gift. I find it very easy to teach. Be it other women or children. I love to share the word of the Lord with anyone who will listen. It's a real blessing to share God's word and then see that light bulb turn on in a child's eye, or to see that one lady accept Christ or see a lady pray for the first time in Bible Study that has never prayed outloud before. God uses us to teach His word and through us He reaches other people.
So, back to my original question........what have you been doing for the Lord lately?"Let the peace of Chirst rule in your hearts." Colossians 3:15

No comments: