Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sleeping-In, Great Attitudes....Gotta Love Homeschooling

Today we awoke and decided......hummmmm why not start schooling today. So the Bookworm was still asleep at 8:30, so the Princess and I decided why not go ahead and check out her new 7th grade curriculum. And boy does she love it! I knew that she would probably like using the DVDs this year, she absolutely loves it! All of her teachers are great and you can't ask for anything more coming from a Christian Academy. She was done with school by 12:00! And we're talking she did, Literature, Vocabulary&Spelling, Grammar, US History, Science, Math and Bible. And yes, she does have homework, which she finished after she ate lunch which took her a total of less than an hour to do. With Bible she has Bible verses to memorize and of course with Vocabulary she has 25 words to learn every week. I along with the Hubby know that they are both getting a better education at home then they were in DODD Schools. It's great to have them both back at home. I have already seen the improvement in their attitudes.
The Bookworm didn't wake up until.......humm........lets see, 11:00! I really wasn't planning on starting school with him today, but he asked if we could start. So I said sure, why not. So we started at 12:00 and were done by 2:30!!!He is in 4th grade this year and I am teaching him the Traditional Parent way, no DVDs with him. I asked him if he would like to use the DVDs and he said NO, he likes me teaching him. And he(along with the Princess)knows that Mom cuts NO slack too! Penmanship is not the Bookworms favorite by all means! He is more of a Math freak......he is really good at doing numbers in his head, and reading has always been a love of his. He definately gets reading from me and not his Dad! The Princess really loves Math but is a real History buff just like her Dad!
So what a wonderful, first day of Homeschooling.........I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

No comments: