Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Strolling in Venice

Today we decided that we would sleep in and then go to Venice....we took the train, we didn't drive. We wanted to go one last time to Venice before we move in 2 1/2 weeks. We had a nice time there today. We got pizza for lunch and for the last time we walked to the Rialto Bridge and to St. Marks. We were thinking that it wouldn't be crowded on a Sunday, but we thought wrong! It was perhaps more crowded today than any other time that I have gone to Venice, and I think that I have been there about 10 or so times! And boy were there tons of tourists and tour guides! I have never seen so many tour guides, usually I don't see any when I go! But regardless we had a good time. The Princess and I had an agenda to get us a mask before we move, and we fulfilled it! The Bookworm got another soccer shirt...this time he got a Deutchland(Germany) shirt, we do favor Germany over Italy! And the Hubby, well, he's just happy go lucky, although I did take his input on the mask, and believe it or not I actually went with the one that he liked!

As we left on the train from Venice to head back to our home the sun was started to set, how beautiful Venice is, we will surely miss taking trips there.

1 comment:

my3tots said...

heard you were looking for a house in Cola. The Shandon area right near 5 Points is really nice.