Sunday, October 26, 2008

5 1/2 Years of Sunday Calling

This Blog is for my parents.....this was the last Sunday that they will be calling us over seas. They have faithfully called and talked to the kids and us for the past 5 1/2 years while we have been living in Germany and Italy! Yes, 5 1/2 years of Sunday evening callings. I wonder how many Sundays that actually adds up to be?

My parents would call to talk every Sunday after they would get home from Church. That would usually end up being around 7 our time. They would both be on a different phone in their house so that they could both listen and talk at the same time. First they would start off talking to me and then take turns with each of the kids and then finally ended back with me. Every once in awhile the Hubby would get to talk! Most of the time that would happen if I was taken a bath! Funny!

We have one more Sunday in our house here in Italy, but our phone is suppose to be turned off on this coming up Thursday, along with the internet! Geepers......I don't know what I am going to do! I call my Mom almost everyday! Yes people you heard me right, almost everyday! My Mom is my Best Friend, besides my Hubby of course! Thursday is a big day here. It's the Hubby's Change of Command at 10 that morning, so if you are one of my friends and you are reading this, you're invited! And of course I can't forget that Thursday is my Dad's Birthday too! I love you Daddy!!! I hope that my phone isn't turned off so that I can call you.......one way or another I want miss talking to you on your Birthday....I NEVER have!

Yes people, it's almost over, next Sunday this time the suitcases will be really packed up(like their not already)and the movers will be here for hold baggage that Monday. I don't know what they're going to pack because we don't have too much left! Regardless, it's getting more exciting by the minute thinking about being back in the States. I know that we'll have ALOT to get adjusted to, but I don't care............Bring it On!

No comments: