Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Listen to All the News, Not Just What You Want to Hear

That is my tip for today! If you watch the news or read the newspaper, how about watch and listen to all the news, and read the entire article in the newspaper! Why do I say this? One word: IRAQ

Yep, this has been my life for the past week! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been asked if the Major is coming home now because the troops are coming home. I think if I'm asked this just one more time I think that I might seriously scream! It's IRAQ only, not everywhere else. The mission is complete there, not everywhere else. The Major isn't there, so it doesn't affect him and it doesn't affect troops that are deployed other places either because it's only IRAQ.

And while I'm on the subject, what about Afghanistan, seems to me that since all eyes have been on Iraq people have forgotten there is still a war going on in Afghanistan. We still have troops fighting. Troops are still defending our Country and there are still troops being deployed everyday. There are many countries in which troops are deployed to, it wasn't just all about Iraq.

This leads me to another problem. I love it when people ask me where the Major is deployed, because I know the response that I am going to get back from them. Here it is: "Oh, he's there, he's got it made." Yeah, my response, I just smile and walk away! Here's what I am thinking in my head as I walk away: "Really, you think he has it made? What about being away from your family for 9 months, what about working from sun up to sun down, what about missing your children's birthdays, Christmas and every other Holiday and special occassion that falls in between. What about all the everyday things such as sitting at the dinner table as a family and praying and talking about how your day was with eachother. What about flying into those places in which you know you're going to have to wear your combat gear and all you can do is pray that you're going to be ok and that you'll be able to call your wife and tell her you're fine." Yeah, that's what I feel like saying.

The Military life isn't for everyone. We've known many that have gotten out because they couldn't take it anymore, we've known many that have divorced, we know many that have marriage and family problems because of the constent moves and deployments. It's a hard life, but at the same time it can be very rewarding. It's a hard life to understand unless you've lived or are living a Military life. FAITH, this one word is what our family lives by. Faith in God. Faith that He will take care of us. Faith that He will provide for us. Why do we have FAITH, because we forsake all and we put our trust in Christ.

So what do I think would be nice, if people would really think about what they are going to say, especially to a Military Spouse, and especially a Military Spouse whose Husband is deployed, before they say it. Choose your words carefully, because unlike the old saying, words do hurt.

No comments: