Saturday, December 10, 2011

Enjoying the Unexpected

The kids and I just said good-bye to the Major again this morning. We enjoyed an unexpected week of having him home. He had to fly back for work, at least he got to sleep at the Cottage and we got to see him for an hour or so each night.

The Major got to attend one of the Bookworm's wrestling matches and the Bookworm's band concert. He also got to see the Princess and her Boyfriend go to the Winter Formal. I am glad that he was able to be a part of the kids' special nights.

Now, it's time to get back into the routine that we had for the week that he was gone. It's funny how the kids and I have managed to get into a routine that fast. This week has been so busy in our home. I've had a lot that I have had to do and most of it involved things that needed to be done for the kids. Although I did manage to sneak a trip into our busy calendar to see my Doctor. I've still been having a severe allergic reaction to something so I had to go see her so that we could figure out what is going on. So for the next week, I am off all of my medicine and I can not have any nuts, fruits, seafood or anything with red or orange dye in it. I don't know if I'll be able to make it without eating any fruit! We just got the Princess's Band fruit in and the tangelos are so good!

So today, what we thought was going to be a full day has turned into a day with just one evening event instead of the evening event along with an all day one! So, what are the kids and I doing, finally taking advantage of some long awaited down time. We are just hanging out, doing nothing. I'm sure that the Major will call when he lands at his destination and at his connecting flights. Other than that, I am sure our phone want ring, the doorbell want sound and our day will be restful.

No comments: