Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Habits

Palliativ...
Lately I've been thinking, and I've been thinking about a lot of things. A lot of things that have been floating around in my head and heavy on my heart. There are many things in my life that are a habit. What is a habit? A habit is something that we do consistently all the time. It's something that we never take off and something that we never(rarely) change, the same old same old.

I have a habit of reading every night before I go to bed. I have a habit of taking my medicine every morning time I get up before I awaken the kids and my day begins. I have a habit of washing all dirty laundry on Mondays. I have a habit of having my devotional time with the Lord after I have taken the kids to School. I have a habit of having pizza on the menu in our home every Friday. I have a habit of tucking in my children and kissing them goodnight and telling them I love them every night.

A habit, something that we wear, it's worn.

Like clothes, a habit can become worn and wear out. If we never do anything different in our lives, how can our lives bloom. How can our lives be revived. Like bulbs need the earth in the winter and the sun during the spring so our lives need change and newness, a refreshing.

Do not get me wrong, not all habits are bad.

A heart can become heavy with the burdens of habits, but not all hearts are heavy because of our own.

We can have a habit of continually being in a place where we know we should not be but yet we continue to go. It could be a place where we cannot grow and our seed is stunned from growth and needs light to emerge and grow, but yet we continue in the habit of going.

Habits of not wanting to deal with the people in our lives that are stunning our growth or those that have a habit of wanting to be around when it is only convenient for them. Yet we have the habit of allowing them to have the habit of treating us however they want to.

Habits of eating foods that we know we shouldn't eat because we know they're not good for us.

Habits of not exercising because we're just too lazy to get up and go!

My heart is heavy and my heart says put on new habits, to throw away the worn. Cut the habits that are stunning my life, my growth, my light. If we change habits, we change our life, we are refreshed, we are renewed. Our hearts are lifted, our hearts are lighter, our hearts are joyful.

What habits do you wear? What habits are worn?
Blooming ...

No comments: