Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday

It was nice being able to sleep in this morning and then getting things done that needed to be done. Operation DECK for the Major today. He got the railings up and now has to just put the spindles in and the under-skirting. Boy oh boy is it looking really nice! He worked really hard on it all day today and is exhausted!

It was Operation get GROCERIES for the Princess and I this morning. We left the house at 10 am and got home at 2:50pm! We went to CVS, Lowes, JCPenny, Home Depot, Bi-Lo and Walgreen's. We were on a mission to get the deals and use our coupons! And what a success it was, I saved $185.00 at Bi-Lo just by shopping by the sale paper and clipping coupons!!! I saved half of my ticket price at CVS and more than that at Walgreen's!

Our trip to Lowe's was to pick up more hex bolts for the Major for the deck, while there the Princess and I scored two free trees to celebrate Earth Day. Home Depot was a run that we had to make for me. I had to pick up some more green chicken wire fencing for my second garden that I planted in the back yard by my asparagus. I am so excited....I planted my 2 rows of corn on Tuesday this week and it is already coming up!! Thank you Lord for the rain that you sent!

We enjoyed steaks grilled on the grill tonight by the Bookworm, they were yummy. After dinner the kids dyed eggs and I bake some chocolate chip cookies for them and the Major. Now it is off to bed!

No comments: