Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shocking and A Good Laugh

So the Princess has Band Camp again this week, and we have been picking up a friend from Church and taking him as well and taking him. So me, the Princess and our Church/School Friend are in the van driving through the middle of our Town and we get to the only red light in town and this huge 4x4 truck pulls out in front of us then it stops in the middle of the road. I am thinking what on earth is going on, first the person pulls out in front of me, then he stops. So I honk my van horn because someone is going to get rear ended and it was probably going to be me! So I honk the van horn because traffic is coming from the opposite direction and I can't go around. What do you think the guy in the truck does? He proceeds to put his hand out of his window, put it up in the air and give me(and the two teens in my van) the middle finger. Appalled, I go around and as we are going around he does it again. Now he had another passenger that was in his car as well and it was a girl, she was obviously embarrassed by his behaviour and she had her head down. What did I do? I kept driving thinking what a creep and that obviously he needed Jesus! So the Princess and our Friend were totally shocked too! So, I kept my cool and my composure and told the two teens that it wasn't ok what the guy had done and that it was alright because Romans 12:19 says, "Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to advenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Then the three of us were talking and we discussed that we need to make a Jesus Loves You sign and keep it in the van and when things happen like happened to us today that we would pull out our sign and throw it up against the window of the van! We all three agreed that it was an awesome idea.....then we laughed!

No comments: