Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Year's Theme and Life Verse

At the end of each year I pray to God to reveal to me what He wants me to focus on for the coming new year. As we are going through a Deployment, I was very anxious to see just what God wants me to focus on. Our last Deployment God showed me the word "anxious". I use to be a very anxious person and during the last Deployment I prayed that God would take away all anxiousness in my life. God does hear us when we pray! I was apart of PWOC(Protestant Women of The Chapel) in Germany and the Bible study that we were starting when The Major deployed was.....Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. God knew what I needed and He knew how to give it to me! By the time the Major redeployed, all anxiousness was gone! Thank you Lord! Those that knew me before we moved to Europe noticed the change when we moved back to The States six years after living in Europe. To this day when someone tells me that I am stressed or anxious it really bothers me because I know that I no longer get anxious or stressed, I simply say to the person, no, I think that you are :)

This year I heard not one but three words from the Lord. The Lord has given to me: GIVE, GO and NO. These are the words that I will focus on during this new year. I will give to what the Lord shows me to give to, be it time, money or self. I will go where the Lord wants me to go. And I will not be afraid to say no. No to things that I do not want to do, no to things that I may have said yes to before. I will not be anxious.

Many of my friends have life verses, I too have one. If you do not have a life verse I encourage you to find one. Read your Bible and pray to the Lord to show you a verse that He wants you to focus on, a scripture for you to meditate and dwell on, a scripture that will inspire you, challenge you, and remind you to live your life day to day for Christ because we were put here on this Earth to be a witness for Him and to share and spread His Word.

My life verse: 2 Corinthians 2:14&15"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."

Blessings to you in the New Year, challenge yourself to pray and ask God what He wants you to reveal and meditate on in your life this year!

No comments: