Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

How many times have you heard this? Or how many times have you said this? Maybe you can say yes to both questions, I know I can! The phrase to me is true, actions do speak louder than words and this particularly makes me frustrated when someone tellls you they are going to do something and they never do! Don't tell someone you're going to do something if you're not going to follow through with your WORDS. Because ACTIONS do speak louder than words.

What is really frustrating is when kids, especially my kids are involved. It's best not to tell a kid that you are going to do something unless you really are going to do it! Don't say that you're going to go to a School Program, Band Concert, Foot Game, Wrestling Match or other activity or event if you're really not going to take action! How would you feel if someone told you they were going to do something and they didn't follow through? I know that it really frustrates me when people do it to me and it especially frustrates me when it happens to kids.

Basically when people do not follow through with actions on words that they say, they are basically say that they care more about themselves than others. We are to live a live of JOY, we are to put Jesus first, Others second and Yourself last!

So think about it, where would we be if Christ would not have put us first? Next time you open your mouth and say that you're going to do something think about it and make sure that you are going to follow through with what you say because you can save a lot of heart ache and hurt.

No comments: