Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall....November

It is hard to believe that it is November, seems like it was just Summer. It is already colder here this year than it was last year this time. I am feeling the cold air this year a lot more than I did last year, one word, Hoshimoto's! My coat is my best friend, along with a blanket! I know that we are going to have a really cold Winter, and I will def. be bundled up!!

So last week was the first week in November, and last Tuesday was Election Day. I crossed party lines and voted Democrat for our State Governor, he didn't win, but I surely did not want to cast my vote for the Republican candidate. It was quit funny when reading the ballot and voting in reference to questions that they have on the ballot that pertain to your County or State. One that made me chuckle pertained to beer sales on Sundays. As of now, there are no beer sales on Sunday. This bill would lift the ban on beer sales on Sundays if it passed. What I find interesting is this: if people do not think that beer should not be sold on Sundays because of Church, then what makes it right to be sold any other day of the week? In other words, if it's not good enough to be sold on the Lord's Day, then why sale it or even have it to begin with? Hummmm, just a thought.

So another question that was on the ballot to be voted on was for our County in which we live pertaining to Blue Laws, you know the law where stores can not open until 1:30 on Sundays. I for one am for this law being passed. If grocery stores and restaurants can be open on Sundays in the mornings, then all other stores should be able to. I do like the fact that if stores are closed it allows the workers to go to Church, but there are so many Churches now-a-days that have so many different times for Worship Service. There is more Worship times begin offered now, than the traditional 11:00 a.m. Service. Another thought....

First part of November, voting, second week of November, waiting on our new house still. We are continuing to be patient, and we have our faith in the Lord that everything will work out and we will be able to close on our house in His timing.

Another thought, guess I am on a tangent today! It is hard to believe that in two weeks we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that there are those that only sit down together to eat on a Holiday such as Thanksgiving, and this Holiday is the only time that many are "thankful" for all that they have. What ever happened to family dinners together? What ever happened to praying together? What ever happened to spending quality family time together? We as a family eat dinner together every night, we say grace together every night, we spend time together every night. We love to play board games together, and go to our local yogurt shop to get a yogurt and hang out talking. I love it when people give excuses for not eating together as a family, or not cooking at home and eating on the go all the time. What is their excuse? I am to busy! Wow, when people give that answer they are saying that everything else is much more imporant than their family! How sad, but this is so true. And what ever happened to Church and the Lord? Oh it hurts me so badly to see those that are not in Church, and to especially see those that are not in Church if they have children. The Lord is def. not the first priority in these families. Our family could not imagine not being in Church and serving and worshiping our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. There are many times when I think about the future of our Nation and I just want to cry, what this wonderful Nation was founded on is crumbling away, and unless we do something about it, it will fade away.

JOY: Jesus, Others, Yourself

If we put Jesus first, Others second and ourselves last, how can we go wrong?

No comments: