Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9 Months til Now

I sit here typing this thinking all the way back to January of this year. January is when I started getting sick and started to feel really fatigued and developed a cough that seemed like it never wanted to go away. It has taken 9 months to finally get to the point of diagnosis, many tests and tests results, and finally to medication. I praise God for good results of no cancer, and I praise God for medication that my Doctor gave me yesterday. Even though it is a medicine that I have to take everyday for the rest of my life, I praise God for it and I am praising God for the change that the medicine is suppose to make in my body. Hoshimoto's diesease along with having Hypothyrodism isn't something fun to be living with, but praise the Lord for medication that will regulate me, eventually, to where I need to be! Today makes day two of taking my medication, I pray that when I go back in three months that there is improvement in my thyroid levels.

I thank my Husband, the Captain, for continually being by my side throughout the past 9 months. God knew when we met in High School that we were meant to spend out lives together! There have been many days where I was so tired that I couldn't do anything and he was there for me. There have been so many days where my the heels of my feet have hurt so bad that I dreaded having to walk, or where my feet have been so swollen that I couldn't even put on my tennis shoes! Lots and Lots of days where(even though it is Summer and 72 degrees in our home) I have to put on a coat because I am about to freeze to death. Not to mention tons of sleepless nights and so many tests! Thank you Lord for a Christian Husband!

Not only has the Captain been there for me, but the Princess and the Bookworm have been as well. There have been times where they knew that I was not feeling so well, or when I needed to take a nap, or many times where they knew that Dad would be bringing home pizza(again) because Mom didn't feel like cooking. They are my life, and I love both of them! I smile everyday because of them and the Hubby!

Then there are my parents! I don't know what I would do without them and their love, not only for me, but for the Captain(whom they treat like a son), and the kids(their only grandkids). They are blessing in my life and their encouragement, love and prayers have meant a lot. It is a blessing to have Christian parents!

Then there are all of my friends, the ones that I call my prayer warriors, they know who they are, I don't have to mention them name by name. They have continually prayed for me during this time in my life. Consistantly for the past 9 months they have lifted up prayers for me. Jesus said that where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there. Jesus hears our prayers, He always answers. It may not be in the time frame of when we want an answer, but He always answers. And sometimes it may not be the answer that we want, but He still answers.

Got God? If not, why not? When you look at all the wonderful things around you and the blessings in your life that you have, how can you not want to have God in it. It's really as easy as the ABC's.
A=admit to God that you are a sinner.
B=believe that Jesus is God's Son and that God sent Jesus to save people from their sin. Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead.
C=confess that you want Jesus to be Lord of your life and commit your life to Jesus. Trust Him to be your Savior and Lord.

No comments: