Thursday, March 1, 2012

Marching Right Into March

Where did the Winter go? Oh yeah, that's right, what Winter! It's hard to believe that today is March 1st and Spring is almost here! Which also means we're marching deeper and deeper into this deployment too, 3 months and 2 days into the deployment and 6 more months to go....

The two teens and I have been trying to stay busy with things to do while the Major is away. Now that it's getting into Spring, we actually have done months. This is the first Spring that we have had and the Princess hasn't played fastpitch softball. It feels strange not having to go to any practices, but it is also nice having some down time of just spending some good quality time together at home.

Things are going well, both teens are missing the Major terribly, I am too! I think we're all missing him more lately because all of the extracurricular activities are now over, such as wrestling. Out of all the deployments that we have been through, this has been by far the toughest. But with Faith and trust in God we are facing one day at a time and marching right along our way!

The teens are doing well in School and are really excelling! The Princess will be inducted into the High School Beta Club in a week and the Bookworm made first chair tuba in Honor Band at School! They are so proud and Mom is proud of them!

March means garden time and that's what I've been getting ready for in my wonderful backyard here at the Cottage. This year I decided to relocate my garden to another area in the back, I think it's going to be a better location with better soil, so I am hoping for another pretty terrific garden with lots of vegetables to put in the freezer and to give away to neighbors and friends.

I leave you with a thought and a verse. Just as when I plant seeds in the ground in my garden and then they begin to sprout and grow and mature into the vegetable that I will eventually consume, we are to grow in our spiritual walk with the Lord. In order to do that we must study and meditate on God's Word.

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers."

No comments: