Friday, March 16, 2012

Asthma, Another Doctor Appt., A Major Visit and Weight Loss

It's been a few weeks, I think, since I posted on my Blog. It's been pretty hectic around the Cottage for about the past 3 weeks, seems like we've been living at the Doctor. It started with the Bookworm for a severe asthma attack and asthma induced cough, followed by the Princess with a double ear infection, followed by Mom with a severe asthma attack and asthma induced cough. It's been cRaZy! 3 visits later and the Bookworm is finally starting to get a little better due to an antibiotic, only took the Princess 1 visit and she is better, and Mom, well 1 round of antibiotics and 1 round of prednisone and it didn't completly work, so yesterday I was so sick that I had to go back to the Doctor today! So, two butt shots, another round of prednisone and another antibiotic and hopefully I will be feeling better soon!

So enough sickness.....the Major flew in on Sunday for work, yes work, not for pleasure. I think a lot of people misunderstand when he flies in, he's only at our home to sleep. His timetable is up at 5am and out the door for his hour drive then he is home at around 9 at night or so, enough time to spend about an hour with the kids before they went to bed for school the following mornings. Was it nice to see him for 3 short days and like 6 short hours, yes, and we are thankful, but saying goodbye again is harder than the first time. It was an early wake-up yesterday morning at 4 am to take him to the airport to fly back, add being sick on that and all I wanted to do yesterday was sleep! Praying for traveling mercies as he is on the plane headed back to the Middle East on his 14 hour flight.

So, I've been really watching what I have been eating. When you have food allergies, it makes it a lot easier to lose weight. I must read the labels on everything to make sure that I do not consume anything that has caramel coloring or turkey in it. I have also eliminated all caffiene and sugar out of my diet. To date I have lost 22 pounds, feels wonderful and it's nice to have clothes that are getting very loose! I'm looking forward to having to buy new clothes in a few months!

Things at the Cottage are on a nice schedule. Spring cleaning was done last week, and I must say that I did some serious Spring cleaning. Everything inside the Cottage, outside the Cottage and both vehicles, were all cleaned. Feels pretty nice having had nothing to do for the past days! Except for things like laundry! Of course I have also re-located my garden and have already planted the plants that can be planted now. I've planted lettuce, beets and a few brussel sprouts. I also planted some sweet pea flowers that I will be able to cut in put in the house to add some color during the Summer months. I also put in a cute little water feature in the backyard, it looks nice and the two teens and I went and they picked out one koi a piece to put in the little pond. Spring is here at the Cottage and when the pollen is gone it'll make going outside a lot more bearable!

Happy Spring!

No comments: