Sunday, February 21, 2010

Are You Kidding Me......Whooping Cough

It has been a few days since I have blogged. Understandable since I had surgery on Wednesday. I found a lump in my left breast and the Doctor removed it on Wednesday. I am feeling pretty good, it is just very sore and I can only pick up and handle so much, so I have been trying to do as little as possible.

The Bookworm developed a bad cough over the past few days. We took him in about a month ago with a terrible cough and he then had a bad sinu infection, his cough tapered off and then slowly started coming back. The Hubby took him back to the Doctor on Thursday and he has whooping cough, yes, whooping cough. Whooping cough is contagious, so he was out of school on Friday and will be out til Tuesday, and that is only if he seems better. He seems better today than he did yesterday, I have not heard him cough as much so far this morning. He has a slew of meds. to take, I believe 5 in all, including an inhaler that he has to take for the next 2 weeks once he is finished with his other meds. One of the meds. makes him very hyper! Once he takes it, it seems like he just ate a big 5lb bag of sugar! He bounces everywhere!!!

The weather here this weekend has been nice, too bad that the Bookworm is sick or we would surely be out in it getting some sunshine. I believe once the house is back to normal, all four of us need a break and need to go off for a weekend! Maybe to the Great Wolf Lodge:)

No comments: